Usually, there are various kinds of equipment to water the plants in the gardens and lawns, but in recent times most of the garden and lawn owners prefer to use tripod sprinklers as they can easily water a large area of land and also within a short time period. In this article, we are going to share the list of Best Tripod Sprinklers for your garden or lawn.
Users can easily move most of the tripod sprinklers and can even use this equipment on a large range of terrains. So, in this article, we will look at the top six Tripod Sprinklers, but before moving into the main section, we would like to enlist some of the common benefits of Tripod Sprinklers.
Benefits of Tripod Sprinkler
- With the help of Tripod Sprinkler, users can water a large section of the garden.
- It is very easy to move from one place to another.
- Users can use the Tripod sprinkler on several terrains.
- It is sturdy, durable, and comes with weighted legs for stability.
- Automatic Tripod Sprinklers save a lot of water.
Top 6 Tripod Sprinkler
1. Orbit 56667N Zinc Impact Sprinkler on Tripod Base
Orbit 56667N Zinc Impact Sprinkler on Tripod Base is a top-quality Tripod Sprinkler which has a large coverage area close to almost 5,670 square feet when set to a full circle. It is made up of zinc material, which makes this product much more durable.
- LARGE-AREA COVERAGE: Sprays up to 85 feet in diameter, covering 5,670 square feet when set to a full circle.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Quality zinc materials ensure it will last season after season.
- ADJUSTABLE COVERAGE: Easily adjust spray coverage from a partial section to full 360 watering.
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS: Use the deflector shield and diffuser screw to alter the stream and change the spray distance radius anywhere from 20 to 42 feet.
- ANTI-BACKSPLASH ARM: Improves the sprinklers ability to spray water in a consistent pattern and in the desired direction.
Users can utilize the deflector shield along with the diffuser screw to alter the stream and change the spray distance radius anywhere from 20 to 42 feet. It comes with an anti backsplash arm due to which the sprinkler spray water in a consistent pattern and in the desired direction.
This Tripod Sprinkler is costlier compared to several other popular Tripod Sprinkler, which is probably the only disadvantage of Orbit 56667N Zinc Impact Sprinkler.
2. Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer Motion-Activated Sprinkler with Day & Night Detection Modes
Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer Motion-Activated Sprinkler comes with intelligent sensing technology. With the help of this feature, this device can distinguish between trees and animals, and hence it only water trees and does not waste excessive water by watering on animals.
- HUMANELY REPELS ANIMALS AND PESTS: Keeps animals and pests out of plants, yards and gardens using a harmless spray of water.
- UNIQUE DAY AND NIGHT DETECTION: The only deterrent sprinkler on the market with options for day only, night only, or 24 hour protection, giving you the flexibility to ensure the Yard Enforcer only activates when you need it
- STABLE DESIGN: Simply press spike into soil or turf to firmly hold the Yard Enforcer in place. Sprays up to 70 feet in diameter, covering 3,840 square feet when set to a full circle
- SAVE WATER AND BATTERY LIFE: Includes sensing technology for optimum water and battery conservation; get over 7,500 activation cycles on just 4 AA alkaline batteries and as little as 2 cups of water per activation.
- INTELLIGENT SENSING TECHNOLOGY: Sensing technology learns the difference between trees and animals, so your water will not activate every time the wind blows.
It has a pretty stable design, and so users can easily set the device by simply pressing the spike into soil or turf to firmly hold the Yard Enforcer in place. It covers a total area of 3,840 square feet when set to a full circle.
The main specialty of this device is that it can work both during the day and night as it has day & night detection mode. It offers 120-degree of spray coverage, which is the only disadvantage of this product as 120-degree coverage is very small when users need to water a large section of the garden.
3. A5013D 2-PC Brass Impact Tripod Sprinkler with Heavy Duty Brass Impact Sprinkler Up to 5000 SQF Coverage on Premium Tripod Adjustable from 25 to 48 Inch
A5013D 2-PC Brass Impact Tripod Sprinkler comes with telescopic legs, which helps to water tall plants and even helps to water a large area of the garden. The tripod legs are stable, so users can easily handle this product.
- Heavy duty solid brass impact sprinkler head for unsurpassed durability and reliability over Zinc or Plastic impact heads
- Brass impact sprinkler adjustable from 0 to 360 degree
- Large tripod adjustable from 25" to 48" for maximum coverage
- Premium surface treatment tailored to appeal
- 2-PC Value pack for greater value
One of the main advantages of this product is that it has a coverage area of 360-degree which means that users can easily water a huge area of their garden by simply placing the Tripod Sprinkler in a particular place.
This Tripod Sprinkler is made up of brass, so it very durable compared to several other top-quality Tripod Sprinklers. The height of this product ranges from 25 to 48 inches, which users can adjust as per their requirements.
This product does not come with a sprinkler head, and hence users need to purchase it separately, which is a slight drawback of this product.
4. Orbit 62120 Garden Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler
Orbit 62120 Garden Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler offers 120-degree coverage, and it also comes with intelligent sensing technology, which helps to save water as well as the battery life.
- 120 degree sensor with night only, day only, and always on activation modes
- Intelligent sensing technology for optimum water and battery conservation
- 35-foot adjustable impact sprinkler and 30 minute timed watering setting
- Over 7,500 activation cycles on just 4 AA alkaline batteries
- Stable metal tripod extends the unit up to 54 inches to allow for adjustment as plants grow
Users can use this product to water tall trees as this tripod sprinkler can be extended up to 54 inches. It has day and night detection mode so users can use this product at any hours of day or night without facing any issue.
It has a huge activation cycle, which ranges over 7500 by using only 4AA alkaline batteries. The only disadvantage that users will face in this product is that its viewing angle is only 120-degree, unlike other popular Tripod sprinklers, which can cover 360-degree.
5. Melnor 65115-AMZ MiniMax Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler on Tripod with QuickConnect Product Adapter Amazon Bundle
Melnor 65115-AMZ MiniMax Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler comes with a sturdy metal tripod base, which users can extend from 27 to 41 inches depending on the height of the plant on which they are trying to sprinkle the water.
- Mini-sized oscillator with full-size coverage up to 4, 000 sq. ft.
- Four-way adjustment for precision watering right where its needed
- Sturdy metal tripod base extends from 27 up to 41 high
- Quickly connect and disconnect the sprinkler with an included QuickConnect Product Adapter (Requires QuickConnect Product End Connector sold separately)
- Backed by a Melnor Limited Lifetime . We stand behind our products.
Users can adjust this product in four different ways, which helps them to use water right where it is required. This tripod sprinkler comes with a QuickConnect Product Adapter, which helps to quickly connect and disconnect the sprinkler.
However, in order to quickly connect and disconnect the sprinkler apart from the QuickConnect Product Adapter, users also need the QuickConnect Product End Connector, which users need to purchase separately. So this is a slight disadvantage of this product.
6. SOMMERLAND Brass Impact Tripod Sprinkler for Garden and Lawn with Heavy Duty Brass Impact Sprinkler Head (16-37″ w/Head) (1PK 25″-48″)
SOMMERLAND Brass Impact Tripod Sprinkler comes with a Heavy duty brass impact head, which has a view angle of 360-degree. It can water a huge area of land, which is close to 5000 SQF.
- Heavy duty brass impact head adjustable from 0 to 360 degree
- Coverage up to 5000 SQF
- Metal tripod adjustable from 16-37" for maximum coverage
- Premium surface treatment tailored to appeal
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
The brass head is placed on a metal tripod, which can be extended from 16 to 37 inches, depending on the height of the plant. Moreover, this Tripod Sprinkler also comes with a 3-year warranty, which is an additional advantage of this product.
This product is slightly expensive, which is probably the only negative point of SOMMERLAND Brass Impact Tripod Sprinkler
Frequently Asked Question related to Tripod Sprinkler
Does having a Tripod Sprinkler really save time?
Yes, a tripod sprinkler saves user’s valuable time as it will automatically work as per the requirements and will also water every part of the lawn and garden even when the user is out of their house.
What are the components of an automatic sprinkler system?
An automatic sprinkler mainly comprises of four parts. Firstly comes the controller, which functions as the brain of the system. The second component is the valve, which opens and closes to release and stop the flow of water to underground pipes.
The third part of an automatic sprinkler system is the Sprinkler itself, which distributes the water to a specific area. The final component includes the tripod stand on which the sprinkler is placed to water tall trees and plants.
How to fix a stuck sprinkler head?
Firstly, users need to turn on the sprinkler system and then push the stuck sprinkler head into the ground and eventually wait for the sprinkler head to pop out. They need to repeat the step again and again and, finally, turn off the water to bring back the sprinkler head to the normal state.
Why does Sprinkler get stuck?
Sprinkler mainly gets stuck when the water pressure is too low or too high. When water pressure goes below acceptable limits, the sprinkler head gets stuck at one side of its arc, or it may even not move at all. Similarly, if water pressure is too high, it may also cause the sprinkler to stop or jam.
Conclusion: Which Is The Best Tripod Sprinklers 2020
As promised at the beginning of this article, we have discussed the top six tripod sprinkler present in the market. Moreover, we have also included the benefits of all tripod sprinklers and the most common questions related to tripod sprinklers so that users can get all possible information from this article.
So all readers must go through this article thoroughly so that they can make proper decisions before purchasing a the best Tripod Sprinkler for your Garden or lawn in the future.